Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Brief Conversation:

E.: I was just thinking: what is it you do with your life? You stay up until 5 AM. Then you make resumes and cover letters. Then you complain about your job. When do you do real things?

Me: I'm currently watching internet videos. I read two books yesterday and I've made three business calls/contacts today. don't try and understand.

E.: I'm going to make a 48-Hour long documentary called "Christmas" where I follow you around for two days. And try to figure out how you survive. Try to figure out the mystery of your existence. It will all be filmed on a flip camera and have bad lighting and poor sound quality.

Me: You're gonna be really disappointed when you figure out that 95% of my existence is snorting klonopins and drinking scope until I'm too high to drive. Then I go driving. The reckless nature of my vagrant acts gives me an adrenaline rush equivalent to that of a distressed mother when her baby is trapped beneath a bus.

E.: That's exactly what I was expecting I would find.

2 comments:

moonshinejunkyard said...

what i want to know is, what are the two books?

redneckzilla said...

Samuel Johnson's "Rasselas, Prince of Abyssinia" and David Foster Wallace and Mark Costello's "Signifying Rappers".

 
Clicky Web Analytics