Saturday, May 1, 2010

In Which No Significant Points Are Made

I think I'm most suited for a life of quiet contemplation. Lately, I've just been reading and watching movies. I went out today for some food and saw a couple of people I knew. We talked for short intervals. We "caught up" or whatever. And I took an interest in their lives. I thought about them on the drive home. I wondered about them. I ate dinner and thought about my books and my movies. About how life swirls around them. About the talented folks I know and love. I thought about all of this and then realized that my mind is racing, raving, monologuing, dialoguing, it's turned on and off all day long. I'm getting these furrows in my brow because my face is constantly stuck in a concentrated stare.

I'm no good around social situations. I like to get together with a few people who won't mind if I yell "A MILLI A MILLI, AMEN" out of the top of a convertible in response to "WHEReS THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE". And then won't mind, too, if I just kind of stare off into space for awhile thinking about things, or no-things, or every-things. People who I can just kind of wander about in the daze that I'm usually in. It's true: I'm almost always in a daze. Because, generally, I'm just lost in contemplation about things that ordinarily don't matter. Like Cory Haim's death, or a class I want to teach, or a story I want to write.

Hmmm... I just kind of got lost in what I was going to say in this blawg post.

Thoughts 4daze.

6 comments:

Barry said...

lyke

Kelsie Moore said...

and that is the summer life my friend. sounds so good to me. miss your concentrated stare.

Austin said...

5:30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but really...yep its true, this is summer. You're finally allowed to do these things on a more consistent basis. Many more convertible experiences to come.
Yer mah besht freeend.

Corey Haim 4ever.

moonshinejunkyard said...

ummmmmm a. i can't believe you went and read a crappy essay i wrote for a crappy class years ago! but b. thanks for the notes although i have no idea when you made them, just ran across it and c. i think it's great to be constantly bewildered...as my friend carolann said last night, there's just too much stuff to do in life. that's why she's currently a farmer.

Austin said...

http://amazingarnold.50webs.com/profile.html

I Think My Tummy Hurts said...

awesome! you keep screaming and you keep staring. those are two of the finer things in life.

 
Clicky Web Analytics